- Beauport Sleeper-McCann House, Eastern Point Boulevard, Gloucester 978-283-0800
A fantasy house perched on the rocks overlooking Gloucester Harbor, Beauport was built by noted designer Henry Davis Sleeper.
- Cogswells Grant, Spring Street, Essex 978-768-3632
Old Essex farmhouse sits on Essex Marsh, boasts noted collection of
American folk art.
- Cape Ann Historical Museum, 27 Pleasant Street, Gloucester 978-283-0455
One of the finest regional museums in America, featuring
the largest collection of paintings by the famous maritime painter Fitz Hugh Lane (1804-1865).
- Essex Shipbuilding Museum, 28 Main Street, Essex 978-768-6441
You can relive Essex's shipbuilding roots through dioramas, full scale construction displays, hands-on exhibits, video presentations and a real schooner.
- Hammond Castle Museum, Route 127, Gloucester 978-283-2080
Built by American inventor John Jays Hammond Jr., this castle constructed in the 1920s houses an impressive medieval collection.
- Halibut Point, Route 127, Rockport 978-546-2997
Small visitor center includes museum emphasizing Halibut Point's natural history and Cape Ann's historic granite quarrying industry.
- Manchester Historical Society / Trask House Museum, Union Street, Manchester-by-the-Sea 978-526-7230
Museum features a mixture of federal, Victorian and other period pieces including fine arts and a collection of furniture manufactured in the Manchester area. Photographs of early summer homes. The Seaside No. 1, an old fire house with early 19th-century fire engines, is available for viewing nearby.
- Patrons' Museum & Educational Center, 92 Thatcher Road, Gloucester, 978-281-6437
The museum features a permanent historical art collection which provides teaching and cultural resources honoring Cape Ann artist-teachers over the past 150 years.
- Sargent House Museum, 49 Middle Street, Gloucester 978-281-2432
The 18th-century home of philosopher, writer, and activist Judith Sargent Murray (1751-1820) and her husband, Reverend John Murray (1770-1845), the founder of Universalism in America.
- Schooner Adventure, Harbor Loop, Gloucester 978-281-8079
The 69-year-old Gloucester fishing schooner Adventure is listed in the National Register of Historic Places and was recently designated by the National Park Service as a National Historic Landmark.